6.15.2011

sew updated

Can you tell I'm tapped out on coming up with cute title names? sorry.

After I made my ottoman covers I decided it was time to make new pillows for my sofa too.  Since I already had the sewing machine out, it was now or never.

I got this fabric awhile ago and it was just waiting for this project.  It's kinda like a thin scarf material, so I needed to back it with fusing first, and then I got to work sewing piping and backed the pillows with a bright orange cotton fabric.

Ta-da!



I love that they have some pink in them, bringing in some of the color from the new ottomans.  They also have my favorite ORANGE, as well as some teal to tie int he walls, some navy to tie in the zig zag pillows, some neon to get my neon fix, and a mix of other pretty colors.



don't mind the bookcases- they need major HELP.

See my cute little monogrammed Lucite bench there- I just love it.

So there you have it, the new look of my family room. 

My husband asked how long we will be living with this look, I told him not to worry he will have another look to enjoy in about 3-6 months. 

25 comments:

Karena said...

They are gorgeous I love the touch of pink and orange piping! Very artful!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Join my amazing Giveaway from the Artisans at Novica. You will love it!

Laura@JourneyChic said...

Love 'em - they look like watercolor paintings!

Stephanie Sabbe said...

cute! glad you figured that out for my own future reference

Holly said...

Those are really great! Do you use a pattern or do you just wing it? I have yet to use my Brother sewing machine I got a few months ago.

Unknown said...

haha - i love what the hubbers said - something Joe SO would say to me!!! looks fab!

Heather (love your space) said...

pretty! look slike you did a great job, and I love the way the color and pattern sort of bridges the more traditional elements, like the rug, and the more modern ones, like the lucite stool.

Julip Made said...

Wow! These could definitely be sold online. I love the blue/orange combo too!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could sew like this. You've done a great job with this and your cute stool. Thanks for sharing. :-)

H.G. The Countess said...

loving it!

Kim @ keller-creative said...

I love these! I'm also loving your Lucite ottoman in the back.

I change my pillows all the time too and my husband can never keep up.

Lonely Wife Project said...

Love those! You're gifted in the sewing and taste department ;)

Marianne said...

Brilliant!

Britt said...

love the pillows!!

Intrigue and Inspire said...

Very pretty pillows, such a lush look!

Helena - A Diary of Lovely said...

oh how I love the whole look of your living room, home tour anytime soon?? :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

Your husband sounds like mine. I love it. I agree with Helena ... home tour pretty please?! :)

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Love love LOVE the fabric on the new pillows!!!

Leah said...

I LOVE them so pretty!

Luvs

Furniture Procurement said...

I love the pillows, good job!

Amy said...

Hi. Can you tell me the paint color on the back of your bookcases? I looove it.

LindsB said...

Amy, so sorry this answer is late- but the color is Benjamin Moore Deep Ocean, #2058-30. I love it- its such a pretty color!

Michelle said...

Love the pillows, where did you get the fabric? I'm planning on making my own pillow cases but having a hard time finding the right fabrics! Love what you went with!

LindsB said...

Michelle, the chevron pillows are from Twinkle Living and the fabric from the other pillows is a no-name fabric. I got it at a local discount fabric store here in Boston. It's actually like a thin silk scarf material that I just fell in love with and used some iron on fusing to make it work for the pillows. I'm sorry I'm not more help- I wish I had a name of it because I want more!

EmilyAnn said...

Love your fabric picks!! Thanks for the source info!

EmilyAnn said...

Love your fabric picks!! Thanks for the source info!