12.03.2009

Cleaning House

A few housecleaning items to attend to today. Let me go down the list:

1. Yesterday Michelle over at My Notting Hill hosted a very sweet virtual baby shower for Lauren at Pure Style Home. I had every intention to get my submission in on time, but of course got caught up in work stuff and my office move so I totally spaced. I feel like an awful blogger to Michelle for so kindly including me and for Lauren because I am a bad friend- so sorry to the both of you :)



I meant to send this present, a Helen Ficalora charm necklace.

A "C" charm for now (for her son Christian) and then another when her baby is born and she spills the name choice. I don't have kids of my own, but I feel like its always presents for the baby, things to use on the baby, etc. So I wanted to get Lauren something special that had to do with her kids, but was more for her.
_______________________________________

2.
My friend Kristine over at Living with Style was nominated for a Sweetest Things award over Daily Candy. Its a huge honor and I'm so happy for her- congrats Kristine!



So, could you please do me (and her) and favor and click HERE and go to the Sweetest Things page and vote for her- please, please please :)

____________________________________

3. I know I never talk about what I do as my day job, but there has been alot of drama going on with it. Long story short- my company was sold, they did lots of layoffs, I ended up keeping my job, BUT I have to move offices and it looks like my blogging during the day days are over. I am beyond upset, I don't want to move offices and I don't want to leave the building I am in currently. I know boohoo to me, pity party for one at Table 2 :)


I don't want to sound ungrateful because I am happy to have a job in this economy- I just wish it was in a field that I was obsessed with like I don't know, decorating :) (anyone in Boston hiring?)

So, if I seem distant around here for a little bit its just while I get my feet wet in this new office. Please know that I love all my readers and one of my favorite things to do is read and comment on your blogs too...so please don't leave me if I seem absent for a bit- I promise to be back soon.


Alright, off to finish packing my office boxes to get ready for my move- feel bad for me, packing sucks!

28 comments:

bluehydrangea said...

Love your idea for the charms for a baby present!! Different, fabulous and a gift for the mama!! I will have to remember this! (sorry about you office moves, that stinks!)

Devon said...

I'm surprised to hear you aren't already in the design field? You'd be terrific...

Katie @ Noodle and Boof said...

LOVE those charms!

Design Esquire said...

Love the charms! Great idea.

Sorry to hear about your job woes. That stinks. I've had some issues lately too. I just wish the economy would hurry up and get better! Good luck with your new office.

livingwithstyle said...

Hi Lindsay! Ahhh, that stinks about moving your office - I hope you will still blog at night. I would hire you in a heart-beat, just a couple more clients ;) Thank you for the shout out! I actaully mentioned your chair make-over with the hot house pillows in my blog today!
http://livingwithstyleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/sweetest-things-2009-kristine-mullaney.html

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Hang in there!! Hopefully there is a silver lining you haven't seen yet...(is this where you tell me to shut up?!?)
Janell

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the job drama- hope everything works out. Do you get to decorate your new office space?

Vintage Living Magazine said...

Just take it one day at a time, Lindsay. Things will get better. That's what I'm doing on this end. Oh, and I just cast my vote for Kristine! :-)

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I hear ya, I'm in the same place with the job situation.
It would be so nice to take the design blogging and move it into a full time job...it's hard to break into the design world in Boston though!

Fargerike Dagny said...

How cute are those charms!! So sorry about your job situation, hope everything works out for you! :)

Have a beyond fabulous Thursday!

Jennifer said...

I just moved offices too. On the same campus, but still. It was a PAIN! Hope it goes smoothly for you!

The charms are too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love those charms! My sister has her first name initial in gold and wears it constantly.

And I totally hear you about the work situation! Crackdown in the office, ughhhh. When do we get the time to read and write blog posts if we can't at work?! ;)

Anonymous said...

I have one of those charms. Great gift and I love them.
So sorry to hear about the office. Good luck with everything and hang in there...I won't stop reading :)

Rachel said...

Awww... moving offices does suck!! I wish the best for you - hopefully it'll go smoothly and much easier than you are anticipating!

By the way - thanks for sharing your tree finding pics with us - it was a beautiful day, and so scenic! Maybe I'll find a place like this in Texas and try it out next year??

My Notting Hill said...

Love the charm necklace! Will add your link to the post too. Thanks.

Cristin // Simplified Bee said...

Hang in there!!! I still want you to blog if/when you can.

xo,
cristin

Chic Coles said...

Good luck with the move. Hope everything works out.

Jessica @ Lavender and Lilies said...

I love the charm bracelet idea.

I understand the work stuff too. I have hit a wall at work and I just can't focus. Hope everything works out.

Stephanie Sabbe said...

Attention all Boston designers! Hire LINDS B! She can help you design AND blog about....what a great deal!

LindsB said...

Aw, thank you everyone- your good luck wishes mean alot!!

###### said...

The charms really are nice..THose i would wear.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm so sorry about your job! I hope everything works out for the best.
: ) Blog rolled you!

deliciously organized said...

1. You know this is on my Christmas list! 2. I voted! 3. I MISS YOU!

Southern Aspirations said...

Awww! Super sweet Blog today.

ANd I totally hear you on the job front. ;-)

Best,
Emmie

Megan said...

Good luck with the job and packing; I can totally understand how a change in situation makes is SO hard to blog... hope you have a great weekend!

Maureen Stevens said...

Oh gosh, I feel for you, we moved our original clinic three times before we finally have our own place...such a pain! Goodluck! And as far as foraying into the decorating world, you will be awesome at it.It will happen...someday soon! :)

Yansy said...

What a great present!Lauren is such a sweetheart. I'm sorry I've been m.i.a but I'm finally back.

my bambino said...

michelle idea is very good